Sunday, August 4, 2013

The books I've read have made me

Sent by: Jefferson County Library Cooperative, Inc.
Reply to the sender
Forward to a friend

“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

2100 Park Place
Birmingham, Alabama 35203

Dear Library Friend:

Summertime is when I reflect on the journeys I made as a child simply by sitting in my library. Books were my plane, my boat, my less traveled path. Books were my windows to worlds I would never know, experiences I had not yet experienced, challenges and questions that I would one day face.

Our books define us as much as our families, our communities, and our friends. You know the impact of books and the libraries that house them. You understand how important it is that Jefferson County residents have access to quality library services, and I appreciate your past dedication and support ofthe Public Libraries In Jefferson County.

The Public Libraries In Jefferson County, through our “40 Libraries . 1 County . 1 Card” system, connects all of our hometown libraries. Our members have access to resources they would not have if the libraries were separate. This past year, with your help, the libraries provided vital services to you and

  • Nearly 400 thousand residents of Jefferson County who have a library card
  • We loaned over 5 million books, downloadable eBooks andaudiobooks, DVDs and music
  • Over 1 million patrons used the online catalog which provides access to nearly 2 million items
  • 4 million items were transported countywide to a convenient pickup location
  • People performed millions of Internet searches
  • Nearly 1 million people visited our website, jclc.org

Together we will continue to provide better, more efficient library services for all county residents. I respectfully request that you consider making a summer gift to the Public Libraries In Jefferson County. You can mail your donation to the address listed above, drop off your donation at your local library, or make your donation online. I appreciate your consideration and hope you and your family have been frequent visitors at libraries through out Jefferson County this summer.

Sincerely,
Patricia Ryan

Patricia F. Ryan
Executive Director
Jefferson County Library Cooperative

P.S. Check out library programs on MakingCents - Resources to help your money grow, part of the Smart investing@your library® series, a partnership between the American LibraryAssociation and the FINRA Investor Education Foundation. You can find program listings at http://www.making-cents.org.

Public Libraries In Jefferson County, Alabama
connect with us twitterfacebookgooglepluslinkedinflickr
 
This e-mail was sent from Jefferson County Library Cooperative, Inc.
Immediate removal with PatronMail®
SecureUnsubscribe
.
This e-mail is powered by PatronMail...the innovative e-marketing tool for the arts, non-profits and creative businesses.
To forward this e-mail to a friend or colleague, use this link.
To change your e-mail address or update preferences, use this link.

No comments: